TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS:
A Place For Creation welcomes submissions related to the following:
- Contemporary Craft
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Graphic Design
- Product Design
- Book Reviews
- Time Lapse Videos
- Video Tutorials
- DIY tutorials
- Charity Events and Fundraisers
- Kickstarter Campaigns
- Art collectives
- Etsy Team Collective Works
- University/College Collective Works
- Graduate Shows
- Exhibition press releases
Please ensure that you have read the following guidelines before submitting your work to be featured on aplaceforcreation.com:
- All submissions must be sent to this email address.
- Your submission must include 5 – 8 images which are to be sent via Dropbox or similar cloud storage services.
- 2 of your images must be 750 pixels wide and 400px high.
- All images other images must be at least 750 pixels wide.
- Each image should be a low resolution (72 dpi) and should be less than 650 kb each.
- Include a small description about our work.
- Include your social media and website links.
- If you are submitting any photographs that have been taken by a professional photographer, please ensure that you confirm in your email that you have the approval of the photographer to submit the photographs to be used in the feature.
- You must submit 5-8 images following the above guidelines.
- Include your social media and website links
- A small description about your work.
If we go ahead with your interview we will send you a list of questions based on your submission for you to answer and return to us.
We also accept video submissions:
- All video submissions must include one image to be used as the featured image at the following dimensions: 810 pixels wide x 450 pixels high, (72 dpi) and should be less than 300kb.
- 1 video link to Youtube or Vimeo.
- A short description about your video.
Other great things to add to your submission:
- Include small explanations of some of your images at the end of your submission so that we can weave them into the post underneath each image.
- Include quotes and links back to other websites.
- If you use anyone else’s content in your post, please ensure that you have permission and always links back to anyone else work.
Guest Blog Posts:
We welcome guest bloggers on our website so you would like to contribute something and share your wisdom with our audience please contact us here.
Other points to note:
- Please bear in mind that we have a high volume of submissions and we regret that we cannot always reply to each and every submission. We ask that you please do not send any follow-up emails regarding the status of your submission. We read every single email but since we get so many we cannot respond to everyone, even if we do decide to go ahead and feature your submission.
- If necessary someone in the team may contact you for additional information regarding your submission.
- A Place For Creation reserves the right to edit any descriptive text submitted, including but not limited to spelling and grammar corrections.
- A Place For Creation reserves the right to reject submissions that have already been featured on other websites. If your submission is accepted for publication, please allow a minimum of 10 days after your post has been published on our website before submitting your publication to another blog or website for feature.
- A Place For Creation reserves the right to edit any photos submitted, including but not limited to, re-sizing, brightening and cropping.
- If you think your product or service would suit the A Place For Creation audience, please email us with any details and images as stated under ‘General Guidelines’
Other types of submissions:
Products or service reviews:
We do accept submissions for products for review. Please send any details of anything to be considered for an editorial through here.
We often create downloadable content for our readers and often send out a call for submissions. When this opens back up we will publish more details here as well as across our social media channels.
A Place For Creation often creates calendars that feature the work of 12 creatives. When we run a new calendar we welcome submissions of work for consideration during June through September. Whenever this opens up we will publish more details across our social media channels.
GRAB YOUR COPY OF THE ULTIMATE RESOURCE GUIDE FOR CREATIVE BUSINESSES